Friday, January 06, 2006

welcome back to Redeemer

Christmas break was wonderful... although I realise that it was way to short as I am sitting at my desk at school. Definately could have gone for a month off, like Jenn, good ol States univeristies. It was so great just to go home spending time with my family and friends, eating my moms cooking, breathing good clean ol' eastern Ontario air ect, ect. So it was definately with mixed feelings that I came back to school.
What greeted me when I came back to Redeemer was a sorry sight, for in Ottawa we have this stuff called snow that ussually accompanies the season of winter. As we drove closer and closer to Ancaster, the less snow I saw. Actually instead of snow flakes falling from the sky, there was rain. Hmm, never have had to use an umbrella during January before. Yes, I am bitter. There is one good thing about the rain though, because it meant that it wasn't below freezing out, which is very fortunate for us, for our furnance was not working when we got back. So needless to say we had a pretty cold sleep the first night (thank goodness for coats.)
Ok, this is probably sounding like I am not at all glad to be back, but in reality I am. It is great to be back and catch up and talk, talk, talk - a lot happens in two weeks adn we have to make up for lost time (I don't know how I survived not being able to have the long chats with Liz and Angie.) I am also looking forward to my classes this semester, because they all seem interesting, and if today is any indication they just might turn out to be. :) And big news for our dorm, we now have TV!! YAY! Thanks Angie's aunt for the gift. We have 125 channels.... well you can flip throught that many, but a lot of channels show snowstorms 24/7. So now we can watch Price Is Right - and it comes in very clearly, BONUS. It is good to be back.

- Canada's pride and joy, hockey, did not disappoint. CONGRATS US!

1 comments:

liz said...

Trine,

I missed having our long conversations...i can't believe we went two whole weeks without them! Glad we're all back at school. luv ya lots,

~Liz

ps. welcome to life in southern ontario :)