Wednesday, January 11, 2006

spring in january

My weather eye is reading 8'C and predicting showers for the afternoon, the sun is shining, the birds are chirping, the flowers are blooming...
In normal situations I would be writing this with a feeling of joy, but not today, for today is January 11th! I know I don't have that great of a memory, but I'm pretty sure last year at this time I was probably frolicking through the snow, wearing my winter coat and mittens, skating on ice, and experiencing the fridgid temperatures that ussually accompany the snow. Last night Craig told me that the cold air current is stuck in the North, which means that we are going to experience spring conditions. This is going to trick nature out of hibernation, and then BAM the cold will eventually come killing everything green. Yup, sounds pretty accurate to me, especially considering while walking to school today I passed by a tree that was budding! Oh dear... our poor world, what have we done to it?
My only consolation at this time is that I know my home is still normal. Winchester is experiencing normal winter conditions - snow storms, children tobogganing, drinking hot chocolate, getting rosy cheeks.
All I want for Christmas is winter... a real one.

3 comments:

liz said...

Trine, you don't even like hot chocolate so you can't classify that as normal winter conditions...cause it never was part of your winter conditions!! but i agree with you...i want a real winter!! next week, we'll see snow (hopefully)

~Liz

de Ruijter said...

I have to say these Canadian winters are not that impressive (I hope I don't Jinx it know and that we will have snow till june!) I just want a reasonable winter!!

craig said...

eeee...the polar bears are dying!