Monday, January 23, 2006

a fulfilling day...

Today Sarah and I were sitting in the Senate office trying to admire the beauty of nature through the window, but the view was blocked by the snotty and smeary marks all over the window. And since we are responsible citizens and the favoured senate memebers we decided to do something about this window - clean it.
(Now you might consider me wierd when you read the following statement, but that is ok, cause the chances are you probably already hold that opinion.)
I think I have a fetish for cleaning windows - actually I know I do. There can be such a feeling of accomplishment in such a simple act, just gazing through a crystal clear window that used to be smeary. *sigh.
Just one little request - if you are from Redeemer, please refrain yourselves from placing your oily fingers on the glass of the Senate office, Sarah and I will thank you, and if you do put a finger mark on it there is such a thing as finger printing and I'm pretty sure Sarah will hunt you down.
Another sense of accomplishment today was that I got to vote today, what an awesome responsiblity.

2 comments:

craig said...

you should put up a sign on the window that says, "please keep your greasy, oily, or dirty fingers, face, arms or any other objects off the glass. beware of dogs (first year senators)

or...something like that. lol

Katrina VandenBerg said...

lol - definately agree, maybe right underneath the welcome sign. not too sure about the whole dog concept though. grrr - not a very nice metaphor!