Monday, January 09, 2006

The Chronicles of Narina - C.S Lewis

During the Christmas break I started to reread "The Chronicles of Narnia" and have decided to do a mini analytical piece on each one. (right now you are probably thinking I am a nerd... and yes, yes, you are right) I will be posting them as I finish each book (and right now you are silently rejoicing because you know that it will be the next best thing since the toaster oven.) So I hope you enjoy them.

-- excerpt from the dedication of "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe"

My Dear Lucy
I wrote this story for you, but when I began it I had not realised that girls grow quicker than books. As a result you are already too old for fairy tales, and by the time it is printed and bound you will be older still. But some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again. You can then take it down from the upper shelf, dust it, and tell me what you think of it. I shall probably be too deaf to hear, and too old to understand, a word you say, but I will still be you affectionate Godfather.
C.S. Lewis

0 comments: