Friday, February 22, 2008

a broken record

I have never broken a bone in my body, even though there have been plenty of times where I should have. Like the time when Mike dared me to jump off the top step of our stair case, or the time I willfully jumped from the highest stack in the haymow to the floor (about 20 feet) just to prove that I was as cool as Mike and his friend Josh. There have been other opportunities for broken bones due to sacrificing my body for the sake of the game and just being plain clumsy.

Last night I 'broke' my record. As I type this my head is throbbing and my upper lip is cut and slightly swollen. Last night I am pretty sure I broke my nose... I say pretty sure because I am not sure what a broken nose is suppose to feel like and I don't feel like getting checked out. For one, I have a phobia of hospitals, two, I don't think you can really do anything for a broken nose anyways, and three if they can do anything it will be a cast and no thank-you on the cast for the nose.

The story for the broken nose is up there with spraining my foot by getting out of bed. I was on my way down the stairs and my dad was on the way up. We both did not feel the need to turn on the lights so the decent and accent was done in the dark. My dad climbs the stairs like he is a soldier on a mission, full speed, two at a time, and head down. I come down the stairs daydreaming about something and then WHAM. My dad head slams me in the face. I was stunned, then there was a lot of blood. I thought I was dying...

I did not die, but my nose did.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, ouch! If your nose isn't crooked, then yeah, there's no reason to get it looked at because they won't be able to do anything.

If it is crooked, then I say leave it anyways. A crooked nose would be suitable for when you become a crazy bird lady roughly ten years from now.

Katrina VandenBerg said...

ten years!?
come on Tim, at least give me 20 years before I become crazy!

Danielle said...

awww, trine! i hope your nose is feeling a bit better!