Saturday, February 09, 2008

a pocket sock

Does anyone have a clean extra sock that has losts its pair? Because if you do, I am looking to borrow one. I am in need of one to carry in my back pocket for days like today when I can stuff it in my mouth to prevent myself from talking. I will spare you the details (ie. spare myself from documenting them so that I can forget that they happened). Days like today make me think that mute people got it good. They never have to experience that awful moment when what you just said finally registers in your brain making completely no sense at all. I admire people who have mastered the art of thinking before opening their mouth to share their thoughts with the world. That is a gift, so if you are one of those people, treasure it.

I think this why I enjoy writing so much, because you can erase what you have written very easily and no one will ever know the better. Also with writing you can choose whether or not you want others to read it. There have been many a blog that I have written and have wisely chosen not to push the big orange "Publish Post" button and my diary contains content that no one should ever read (I write with pen in my diary and you can't erase pen). On the other hand, there have been posts, stories, poetry, and essays that I have written and shared that have been simply brilliant. Yes, I am bragging, but I can do that because this is my blog and I can brag if I want to.

I will now leave you with a great quote,

Calvin: Sometimes when I'm talking, my words can't keep up with my thoughts. I wonder why we think faster than we speak.
Hobbes: Probably so we can think twice.

Oh Calvin and Hobbes how I relate to thee, except that I have been diagnosed with the completely opposite problem...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, come on trine! you can't leave us with that and not tell us the actual situation. The worst I would do is laugh at you.

Anonymous said...

trine. story of my life. :)

ade

Anonymous said...

ahhh calvin and hobbes I love them

Robyn deGroot said...

oh trine. I love you. I'm happy I'm staying here with you!!