Tuesday, February 19, 2008

my dream house

I think every girl dreams up what kind of house she wants to one day live in. I am not an exception to this rule, however I think there have been times when I was a little off track...

Over the vastness of my life, I have had many bright ideas of what kind of house I was going to live in.

At the age of 9 I had a grand vision of one day living in a little log cabin in the back woods of my dad's farm, living off the produce of the forest.

At the age of 13 I was convinced that it was possible to live in a box. You could easily turn one of those huge refrigerator boxes into a suitable living environment. Of course it would be in need of a little insulation and a extension chord that would plug into my parents house.

In first year of Univeristy I came up with the idea of bringing a tent trailor on campus and parking it in Siberia. I haven't followed through on this one. I am a little intimidated by Redeemer's security.

Tonight, I realized that my ideas of the past haven't been that far off what we might be seeing in the near future. I was watching the National and Vancouver will be turning huge shipping crates into housing units for the upcoming Olympics. I think I might just have to check them out come Olympic time. I tried to find you all a picture, but it was with little avail. I think it was breaking news and it hasn't leaked out the the world wide web yet. I attempted to sketch you one on paint but it just turned out looking like a 2D box with windows... although that isn't too far off what they actually are.

I think tomorrow I am going to make an Igloo. Apparently they are very warm. I don't believe it for a second.

1 comments:

Danielle said...

wow canada, represent!...that idea sounds almost as genius as the talking dinosaurs they had at the Salt Lake City olympics.