Tuesday, May 30, 2006

the toothbrush

Here I was watching television, being subjected to a barrage of commercials during my show, when it hit me how ridiculous toothbrush commercials are. Ussually I don't pay any attention to commercials, (except the beer ones, at times are amusing) but this one particular toothbrush commercial was turning a simple product that I use to scrub my teeth clean into a specialized destroyer and a masterpiece of molded plastic ready to change my life. If I use this one particular toothbrush I will have pearly whites, no trace of plaque, never suffer from bad breath, have healthy gums, be confident with my smile, and therefore meet the man of dreams and live happily ever after. Who knew the answer to life problems lie in the toothbrush?
As much as I love brushing my teeth, I personnally don't care if I have the latest designed toothbrush with the specialy placed bristles and the extended handle to get to the hard to reach places. Give me a stick with bristles and I am a happy camper. The only thing that I care about when it comes to my toothbrush is that I am they only one using it. There is nothing worse to waking up in the morning to find your toothbrush out of the holder where you put it the night before and is now lying in a puddle beside the sink with someone else's mouth germs all over it. *shudder* This has happened to me a number of times since I have been home. Its one of the many advantages of having a little brother and dad who don't know the concept of having your own toothbrush and not using the first one you see in the morning. I even went as far as to lable mine in big lettering "KATRINA" and yet it still get used. So now I hide it in my room; this seems to be working.
And now that I have shared my toothbrush rant I feel ready to face the new day!

5 comments:

detayl said...

I remember in my french 211 class that Prof. Rusthoven made sexual references to toothbrushes and toothpaste because one was a masculin word and the other was a feminine word. The rest, well, you can put it together on your own! ;) Just thought I'd share :)

denise <><

kyle and ade said...

ohhhh man katrina! I just died laughing about your rant about a toothbrush!!!

Ashley said...

oh girl you are tooo funny and very random but tahts why i love you... lol!
So yes I have Keith Urban tickets, i'm sooo excited and yes I will have a moment wtih him for me and you together k??? lol.... i'm sooo excited...
Sorry but what's coveting?? sorry i caused you to sin.... God will forgive you
love ya girl

Katrina VandenBerg said...

cov·et
1. To feel blameworthy desire for (that which is another's).
2. To wish for longingly.
v.intr.
To feel immoderate desire for that which is another's.

Josh said...

who uses toothbrushes?? so overrated... anyways, kat i made a blog! check it out! see ya