Thursday, May 18, 2006

stilton perfume? you must be crackers...

Last week my perfume, Mini Blue, ran out. This is very unfortunate becuase they stopped selling it in my local IDA, which is the only place where I can find it. *sigh* It was my favourite and I'll never find another like it.
In light of this I have been on the hunt for a new scent and I think I have found a winner!

The makers of Stilton cheese have launched their own perfume.
Eau de Stilton claims to "recreate the earthy and fruity aroma" of the pungent blue cheese "in an eminently wearable perfume".

It was commissioned by the Stilton Cheesemakers' Association as part of a campaign to persuade more people to eat their product. Nigel White, of the SCA, brushed off suggestions that it might not be the most alluring of scents.
"Blue Stilton cheese has a very distinctive, mellow aroma and our perfumier was able to capture the key essence of that scent and recreate it in what is an unusual but highly wearable perfume," he said.
Shazia Awan, 24, of Manchester, who spent the day wearing Eau de Stilton, reported no ill effects. "I'm in an office with lots of men and nobody's complained."


What do you think? You think I could pull off the cheese smell? I am pretty cheesy, hence the title. Get it? cheese and crackers... I CRACK myself up... lol, I'll stop while Im still ahead. :)

2 comments:

Josh said...

cant be any worse then how you used to smell... ;)

liz said...

pick your perfume wisely. scent is the strongest tie to memory. i wore a sweater that you always used to borrow and it still had your scent on it, so i thought of you!! :)