Tuesday, February 28, 2006

often overlooked

Tonight I was rereading the well known verse of Jeremiah 29:11, though what struck me the most were the following verses: (12-14)
"Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD"
I know when I am unsure about my future I always turn to verse 11 to find comfort in the fact that God does have a plan laid out for me, plans to prosper me and not to harm me. Though I am often still left with... ok that is great that God knows, but I want to know too. The answer lies in the verses afterwards that so often get overlooked. God will give us answers our questions.
- The way you know you've been given life, hope, and a future is when you begin giving those away to everyone else.


3 comments:

Ashley said...

I also have turned to that verse many times especially when i was looking into colleges and stuff, it got me thru alot of stuff, and I'm glad that someone else appreciates it as much as I do... and good point about hte rest of it being overlooked it's all too true...
what do u mean tho by the last part of your post, that the way we know we've been giving those things is by giving those away to everyone else?

Katrina VandenBerg said...

Using hope as the example, if we are able to give others hope in their difficult times it must mean that we have a sense of hope that we can offer them.

Ashley said...

oh ic... yea that's sooo true... cool thanks trine
love ya and about the stress thing.. i'll pray for you... but everything will be ok... jsut dont' pull ur hair out or anything oK? lol love ya girl