Wednesday, March 19, 2008

seperation is a good thing


Call me a baby, but I think that the 'section plate' is the best invention for the kitchen since the sink. See the way that each section holds its food and stops it from running into eachother? It's a beautiful thing. It is a personal pet peeve, actually, labelling it a pet peeve is being to kind... I hate it when the my food touches and nothing repulses me more than potatoey peas. Years of watching my dad and brothers pile all their supper items together and topping it off with apple sauce has forever scared me.



So you think of all people, Robyn would be sympathetic to my cause. But apparently she has a very twisted sense of humour. The other day when Angie made us a wonderful supper I kindly asked Robyn to scoop me up some potatoes. This ended up being a big mistake because she plopped them right on top of my all my vegetables!!! So I had to quickly do damage control and save my potatoes from being infected by lima beans But alas! I did not save them all. One of my last bites of potates included a lima bean *shudder*. Robyn thought it was quite a hilarious situation, I did not.



Other than this unfortunate episode life has been treating me well. I can't believe that there is only 15 more days of classes, eeeek. I have quite a bit to get done before April is allowed to come. So if all of the sudden I seem to have dropped off the face of the earth, it is probably because I have in order to escape my work load and responsibilities. Speaking of being responsible, I should probably head to to bed so that I can function tomorrow.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Nothing's worse than when one kind of food gets mixed with another kind

Rebecca said...

Trine- I disagree about the food mixing. I like when my food touches. But I do agree with you on the work load dilemma. I have no desire whatsoever to get anything done, other than reading. It's bad news-- but soon the program will be over, and I won't have to think about drama and Shakespeare again!

Anonymous said...

schools almost over. that is thrilling, except for the fact that, like you, I'm bogged down with work. LAME.

oh, and you're a baby. It all ends up mixed in your stomach.

Anonymous said...

It all gets mixed in your stomach...true, but you don't taste it when it's in your stomach now do ya? zing!

Katrina VandenBerg said...

plus letting your peas drown in gravy is just cruel.

Anonymous said...

peas can't drown. They aren't alive.

ps- new blogs are neat.

Anonymous said...

p.p.s- separated food is so last month. Give us something new to chew on.