Saturday, March 08, 2008

nothing rhymes with orange

Fact: In the English language there is no word that rhymes with orange.
False: Three oranges a day will keep the doctor away.

I bet you are asking yourself, "What's with the oranges?" Well, last week in my grocery shopping endeavor I bought a whole box of oranges because they were on sale. The bright sign below the stand distracted my thought process and I did not consider the fact that oranges go bad at a rapid rate. So now I am eating an abundance of oranges and if you come over to my house I will most likely share them with you or throw them at you. However, here is the catch. You would think that because I am overdosing on Vitamin C I would have an immune system stronger than the Wall of China. Nope, I am currently on the verge of a nasty cold, my throat is scratchy and my head feel like a balloon. I want a refund.

Speaking of refunds, I want a refund on the weather. There is a myth that is going around called Global Warming. Don't believe it. It is March 8th and I can barley see out of my window due to snow. Last time I checked snow doesn't fall in warm weather. Last night Robyn and I got stuck in our driveway 3 times, all at one time (yes, this is possible). In between the 2nd and 3rd time I just collapsed and shook my fists at the heavens, it was quite dramatic. I used to like snow. I liked it when it meant sledding, making snowman, and getting snow days, not shovelling out the driveway. Although, I shouldn't really complain because today a very, very, very, very, very, very, nice man came and ploughed it for us. And when I am really honest with myself, I do still have a soft spot for snow. Infact I am going to make a snowman family tomorrow. Maybe I'll use orange peels for the eyes.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vitamin C doesn't automatically improve your immune system Trine. That's a wives tale. You need to be healthy all around, which you can't possibly be unless you've vastly improved on your shopping habits since last semester, which also doesn't seem likely based on the fact that you purchased all those oranges...

Robyn deGroot said...

can I throw an orange?

Rebecca said...

I miss snow and oranges.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Global cooling is coming.I love reading your blogs. If you come over some time score cake- with oranges on top.

Anonymous said...

Sleep. Now that for sure is good for your immune system. And maybe you and Robyn would get more if you would lay off the scary movies.
I, too, love to read your blogs.And thanks for being such a great friend to my Bobbie.

Anonymous said...

'ade, i have a doozer of a cold.'

love you and miss seeing you every day!!!

Omaoffour said...

I too have a daughter with the name Katrina Vandenberg! Amazing isn't it! She was born October 6, 1981 in St. Thomas ON. I never would have thought there could be another person with her name! She is now married and had to change her last name to Aarts, but I am sure she is Vandenberg still in her heart! hahahaha This was just FYI. Sharon Vandenberg

Katrina VandenBerg said...

neat!

Anonymous said...

random!