Wednesday, August 30, 2006

mixed feelings

Here I am, spending my last night at home for the next couple of months *sigh. Even though I am super stoked to come back to Redeemer and see everyone again, I do leave with mixed feelings.
You see, being back at home and living with my family has been incredible. I love it here. I’ve always heard that home is where the heart is and now I know it. My heart is here; this is where the people who love me and know me the most are.
Being away at school and then coming back has made me realise how important my family really is to me. My mom has become my number one confidant; I know that I can tell her anything and she definitely gives the best advice around. I have come to fully realise and appreciate how much my dad loves and cares about me… I love the feeling of not having to worry cause I know he will always take care of his little girl. Throughout this summer I have grown closer with my siblings. Though this might sound kinda lame, I just enjoyed hanging out with them this summer, talking, playing catch, cards, watching movies etc. It has been fun.
Coming back home has definitely grounded me and made me realise what is truly important to me in this stage of my life. So, I come back to Redeemer with a sad, happy face. I know I’m going to love my time back in Ancaster, I just wish that I didn’t have to leave so much behind.
I guess when it’s hard to let go you know it has been good. I’m thankful that I have a family and a home that is hard to leave…
God is good all the time, and all the time God is good – wherever we are, whomever we are with.

1 comments:

StevieDee said...

See you tomorrow!