Tuesday, August 15, 2006

kingdom bound 2006

A week ago, my family and I embarked on our first family vacation in 5 years. Having a farm makes it difficult to get away. Our destination: Kingdom Bound 2006. Here are my highlights.

- Having a 5 hour trip become 8 hours due to the border, travelling in a non-airconditioned van with six people.
- Going back 10 years and playing the game MASH with my sister and her best friend. I ended up marrying Owen Wilson, but only making 14,000 a year.
- Hearing Mercy Me sing "I Can Only Imagine" live. Wow, definately brought tears to my eyes.
- Randomly seeing Steve Pyker in the Great Big Wheel line and hanging out with him and his friends for the day.
- Almost having the chance to over come my fear of rollercoasters, but then just when I was about to go on it broke down. Very comforting.
- Coming to the Thousand Foot Krutch concert with an open mind and leaving with a closed one. Screaming music and I do not get along.
- Seeing Ryan Geleynse reading his U2 book on the grass and therefore meeting Jesse Dostal too! I was pretty stoked and we ended up spending the rest of KB together.
- Having the priviledge of hearing Casting Crowns live!! I got to hear the "God doesn't need you, He wants you" speech live.
- Playing miniput with Ryan and Jesse, I got the award for most improved, Ryan for biggest choke, and Jesse for champ.
- Spending countless times and money at the batting cages
- Ryan's endless attempts of convincing me to go on the biggest steel roller coaster made, with a straight drop of 200 feet, and me finally agreeing. IT WAS AWESOME. So props go out to Ryan for being able to get me on it and face my fear of plunging to an early death. We went on it again and ended up waiting 2 hours just so that we could get the very front of the rollercoaster. It was worth the wait.
- Hearing Third Day in concert, the lead singer has the most awesome voice I have ever heard.
- Jesse convincing Ryan and I to go on a water ride at 8 o'clock at night. We went on it and got soaked. We didn't dry all night. Though it was stupid, it gave us a really good laugh at ourselves.
- The guys trying to convince me that this one water ride wasn't going to get me wet... they were wrong, I was right.
- Ryan and Jesse's terrifying dance parties at 180 feet in the air on the Fairis Wheel, while I was freaking out praying for our safety.
- Busting out the dance moves with Ryan and Jesse to Newsboys - they sang the Breakfast song and Take Me To Your Leader. whoohoo!

It was such an AMAZING time.

3 comments:

AlivePoet said...

About that Breakfast song, I hear they serve supper in heaven (the Lord's own!) so heaven > hell regardless.

It's awesome that you went to Kingdom Bound this year!

de Ruijter said...

That sounds completely awesome, God is awesome. See you in 2 weeks!

LStew said...

the breakfast song brings me back to highschool memories..