Sunday, April 13, 2008

when it rains it pours

I think I live in extremes. Maybe this explains the reason why I leave everything to the very last minute, handing papers in at midnight on the day its due, finishing three assignments on the same day, studying for exams the night before, deciding things at the last minute, or why I hate it when it drizzles but love it when its a thuderstorm.


If I was my own doctor I would perscribe myself a dose of mellow yellow. Because even though katrina's krunch time is thrilling, I also find it ussually results in a break down or two. On Friday night I thought the world was going to end (literally). I was writing my Social Psychology paper that was due at midnight, plus trying to figure out my finances for the next month (I got my VISA bill), realised that I owed the government my lifesavings because I hadn't done taxes in three years, and all the while reading articles on how the world was going to end in about 10 years because humans are goint to starve to death. Eeek. When it rains it pours. So I had to have a little prayer session with God for about 15 minutes so that I would not go crazy and be put in an asylum.


Like James pointed out on his blog, the countdown has come. My countdown looks a little like this: one paper and five exams till freedom. Freedom to work and make money, freedom to read Kite Runner, Atonment Child, and Into the West (along with many more books), freedom to use my computer for the sole sake of entertaiment, freedom to commit to other things that don't involve Redeemer, and freedom to sit back on a summers night knowing that my work is done until the next morning. Hmmm, reading this you would think I was trapped in school. Maybe I am just being extreme.


I enjoy learning, I actually enjoy it a lot. On Thursday I had my last Lewis and Tolkien class and I actually felt sorrow as I walked out of that classroom. I think I am going to start referring to CS Lewis as Saint Lewis. If I were to recommend one book to anyone, it would be Till We Have Faces. I am writing my last paper and I can't wait to get started on it tomorrow morning (as I push my thick rimmed glass up my nose and pat my pocket protector).

(Kinda wish I actually had a pocket protector because then I would actually have a safe place to keep my pens. At this time of year I have no pens left, I think they disappear to the same place my keys and bobbypins are. I think one of my goals this week will be to try and find that magical place and if anyone cares to join me on this adventure you are more than welcome).

This week is going to be busy, busy, dreadfully busy, more than a bumblee more than an ant. Busy, busy, dreadfully busy, much much to busy for you. Kidding, Ill never be THAT busy.

6 comments:

Robyn deGroot said...

can I join your adventure? maybe my socks are there too. And my multiple bank cards I have lost. we would make a great team you and I. haha.

Danielle said...

aw buddy, just keep hanging in there! just keep reminding yourself of all the awesome things you have to look forward to this summer. maybe with all your free time you should do something extreme...like bungee jumping or bear wrestling.

Anonymous said...

i dub myself "saint Ryan"

Anonymous said...

you are funny. The world hasn't ended yet, which might be unfortunate if you still have exams to write. Good luck finishing up!

Not sure why Ryan gets to be saint Ryan. Can I be Saint Tim?

Katrina VandenBerg said...

Im not that clear on Medival history, but I am pretty sure it is heresay to dub yourself a Saint.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.