Tuesday, May 01, 2007

french, winks, musicals and more

Fact: at this very moment two guys that I know rather well are going nutso because the Canucks just scored.

Bonjour mes amis!
I know what you are thinking, "Who is she trying to impress us with her knowledge of French?"
If I did impress you, neat, but I am actually just trying to make up for my embarassment this morning in the grade one french class. You see, I am doing my placement hours this week and I am helping out with the grade 1/2 class. This morning during their French lesson I had 9 grade ones all chime in together, "Comment ca va?" And all I could come up with is "Oui." Last time I checked 'yes' is not a satisfactory answer to the question 'how are you?'
So needless to say I crossed off the option of teaching french. At least I got a little chuckles and smiles in response.

Other than that, I have been loving these past days at school. It makes me quite excited for the 'someday.' It has been kinda neat to go back to my old grade school and see it from a whole new perspective. Although it has kinda been a blow to some of my memories, everything is so much smaller than I remembered it and those intramural games at recess that I would live for - not as intense as I made them.

Have I ever told you that I love kids, cause I do. Is it wrong to have favourites, cause I do. It has only been two days, but it is so hard not to loose your heart to a little 6 year old boy who always looks back at you with big brown eyes and gives you a little wink and smile or the 7 year old girl with pigtails who raises her hand to tell you about how many kittens she has at home.

Kids are pretty funny. Today there was a girl in my class who 'hurt her foot.' Apparently, she hurt it during her sleep and woke up and it was sprained. So the whole day she 'limped' around. Why would they pretend to hurt their foot, its no fun! First they have to go through the trouble of limping, second they can't play any of the games, and third its just ridiculous! I remember pretending to be sick... but that's entirely different, I think.

Also this week, we have been practicing for the musical that they are putting on this Thursday called 'Rescue in the Night.' It is based on Daniel in the Lions Den. It has been a treat to watch them practice. They get better everyday, Thank Goodness! The first day you would think that they have never saw or used a microphone in their life. They were constantly screaming into them, tapping them, and putting them too close together so their was a nice big screeching noise.
Kids + Microphones = Splitting Headache
Actually Im giving it a bad rap, those kids are good, especially my little brother Jeremy. He makes a fantastic King Darius. Oh, and also the Kindergartens are the lions and there is the part when they get to eat the three advisors, they kind of get out of hand and actually attack them full tilt. I think its awesome. Also it is so precious to hear them sing out their hearts while wearing tye dye.

Alright then... this is getting a tad bit long, so I'll stop.
Although I do just want to say one more thing. "LETS GO RAPTORS, VC SUCKS!"

That's a wrap.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Trine. Darn straight I was going nuts. It's 2nd intermission right now so I hope they can hold the 2-0 lead. I'd be jacked!

Today at work I was working on a bathroom renovation at some house and there was a cute 5-year old little girl who followed me around ALL DAY. It was her birthday and I basically got her whole life story. She had her head peeking into the door of the bathroom practically the whole time, even when I was swinging a hammer and tearing the walls down! She didnt seem shy at all. I'm going back there tomorrow so that should be fun. I think I have a new friend! Love ya Trine.

Anonymous said...

WAAAH!!! How do you blow a 2-0 lead and then lose in OT?? I don't know, but they managed to. I'm going to bed with tears streaming tonight.

Anonymous said...

LAAAAAAAAME. The canucks loosing, not the blog. I enjoyed the blog.

Rebecca said...

DId you watch that raptors game?? THat was intense-- love the cheer though, and Chris Bosh

liz said...

haha, so who did that little girl who "sprained" her foot while she was sleeping remind you of? haha, it reminded me of a girl i know who almost broke her foot last year. of course, her foot was actually "sleeping" no names of course ;) haha

Robyn deGroot said...

yay kids. I want one. hahaha, maybe not yet.

Katrina VandenBerg said...

tim, the little girl sounds adorable! she has most likey fallen in love with you while watching you tear down walls of plywood. :)

and don't worry guys i have a good feeling about tonights game. i will be cheering hard all the way from the stinky-O.

ree, the raptors game gave me heart failure. i really want them to beat carter out of the playoffs. it would be sweet revenge.

liz, that person sounds crazy... i think you have crazy friends.

robbo, no kids! not yet anyways. they are decieving, they look so cute and innocent and then they turn into mad monsters that eat snot and dirt for breakfast.