Monday, July 31, 2006

mr. darcy

All I have to say is that Pride and Prejudice is my favourite love story of all time! I watched the movie again... *sigh Mr. Darcy.With lines like these, any guy could melt any girls heart.
The first try:
Miss Elizabeth. I have struggled in vain and can bear it no longer. These past months have been a torment. I came to Rosings only to see you. I have fought against my better judgement, my family's expectation, the inferiority of your birth, my rank. I will put them aside and ask you to end my agony. I love you. Most ardently. Please do me the honour of accepting my hand.


The second try: (this one is the winner!)
Surely you must know it was all for you. You are too generous to trifle with me. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes have not changed. But one word from you will silence me for ever. lf, however, your feelings have changed... ...I would have to tell you, you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love... I love... I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.

So, if you have never seen the movie Pride and Prejudice (the 1995 version) I highly recommend that you do. Better yet, read the book!

5 comments:

Josh said...

i would disagree, the new version is much better, a) MUCH shorter! and b) it has keira knightly in it... = better

detayl said...

i gotta agree with Katrina here.. Mr. Darcy is everything that a man should be!!! However, I prefer the new version's Matthew MacFadyen to the BBC's Colin Firth!

denise <><

Jennifer said...

I couldn't agree with you more Katrina. The new one, although pretty good in itself, DOES NOT AND WILL NEVER measure up to the old 5 hour BBC version. It is incredible. And I LOVE COlin FIrth because at the beginning you think he isn't good looking at all but as you see his character unfold throughout the movie, he becomes INCREDIBLE. Mmmm. I need to watch that again.

AlivePoet said...

While some would argue that Mr. Darcy retained his charm in his second outing, "Bridget Jones's Diary," few would contend that his lines were as romantically inspiring. ;)

I agree, the miniseries is superior. It's long, but the extra time is devoted mostly to character development, which Hollywood seems to neglect far too frequently (e.g. X3). Great filmmaking!

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Discount dvd panasonic player portable plastic surgeons Computer memory ddram sellers us Vitamin c food sources Harley blouses Botox and fmg Commercial water fountain filters sony camcorder Delete ppc microsoft internet Sofas for family room Lesbian girls shaved pussies lasik md in calgary mcse Lisbon internet advertising http://www.patio-furniture-3.info Voicemail2c virtual phone number2c fax service about fioricet