Friday, July 21, 2006

falling through darkness

I don't ussually write poetry and I don't even know if you would even classify it as poetry.
I wrote this when I was writing a story for one of my high school classes over a year ago.

A glass bottle holds the emotions you are unable to see,
Transparent to my soul,

Yet invisible to the naked eye.
The fragile container hides within me,
Filled to capacity,

Unable to retain the heaviest of weights.
They are protected here,

Unable to burden the ones I love,
All the while destroying my heart.

This secret bottle is lacking room for this one last concern,
It slowly cracks,

Destined to burst,
Shattering within and tearing down the capacity to contain.
Ripping relationships with sharp edges,
Cutting so that it painfully bleeds.
My true emotions are finally able to show,
Devastating everything in its path.
Here I am falling through darkness
With nothing to break my fall,
Except for the shreds of glass remaining.


A bottle holding the hidden pain no longer exists,
My falling has ceased to continue since landing.
Healing has started to begin,
The scars will remain,

Although no longer hurting.
They remain to remind me of what pictures cannot.
I have lost,

I have failed;

No longer into the darkness will I fall.


4 comments:

Ashley said...

Trine, that is a beautiful poem, so perfect... what a way you have with words it is excellent i hope you got an A on that... its' very sad tho, but very mature sounding... way to go and i think you should keep writing poetry obviousy ur good at it...
love ya girl and miss ya
mwah
love ash

Molecular Turtle said...

Definitely a cool poem. Keep up the good work.

AlivePoet said...

Katrina, whatever have you been hiding?!

http://galatearesurrection.blogspot.com/2006/03/atlas-by-katrina-vandenberg.html

Sweet mother of pearl necklace!

Anonymous said...

wow
i can relate to the message of the poem. you are a very powerful writer