Sunday, December 25, 2005

I celebrate the day

The first time that You opened Your eyes did You realize that You would be my Savior? And the first breath that left Your lips did You know that it would change this world forever?
I celebrate the day that You were born to die so I could one day pray for You to save my life.
- Relient K

What is the true defintion of glory? The answer to this question, in my opinion, is revealed through Christ's birth. God sending His only Son, Jesus, who would one day die to save our lives, was not a minor event. God had every right to make it a huge deal. He could have chosen Jesus to be born to a King and Queen in the midst of wealth and celebrations, with crowds of people around him acknowledging the birth of a Saviour. Yet, Jesus' mother was Mary, he was born in the little town of Bethlehem - in a manger, and the only audience was the shepherds. This night was God's ultimate showing of His glory - He humbled Himself and send us the greatest gift we could ever recieve, a Saviour. Through this He is able to obtain the highest glory. For this I give thanks and give God the glory... I celebrate the day.

0 comments: