Friday, December 23, 2005

hearts are like rollerblades - december 10

Yesterday was a blast and a half. To celebrate being done classes, Angie, Liz, Willem, Steve, Matty, and I all went to Liz house. We had an intense game of scrabble, that's right scrabble, one of the best games out there. Steve and Liz won -- though no thanks to Liz :). Willem and I got in a close second and opened the playing board many a time. Angie and Matty get an honourable mention, I guess.
For supper we had coke and pizza, two foods that I haven't had in FOREVER, which is really wierd considering Im in univeristy and those are ussually the staple foods.
After supper we went into the hot tub, I think I am going to Liz's house more often... for the hot tub. Soooo relaxing. And our hearts are stronger today due to the famous Swiss tradition of going in the snow before the hot tub, except Im not sure if they make snow angels...
We then went inside to go back into our childhoods and watch Home Alone 2 - Lost In New York. It was still good, but Angie and I had a hard time getting past analyzing Kevin's family - lacking. Though when watching the movie when older you catch things that you over looked as a child. Such as deeper meanings. There is a lesson in the movie from the Special Hide Out when Kevin was with the Bird Lady --- ahh heart touching.
I had a nice pair of Rollerblades. I was afraid to wreck them... ...so I kept them in a box. Do you know what happened? I outgrew them. I never wore them outside. Only in my room a few times. A person's heart and feelings aren't very different than skates. They're kind of the same thing. If you won't use your heart, who cares if it gets broken? If you just keep it to yourself, maybe it'll be like my Rollerblades. When you do decide to try it, it won't be any good. You should take a chance. Got nothing to lose.
It was a great night - thanks Liz. Now I should be all refreshed and ready to study - hahaha, studying will be the death of me. (especially cause it means that I am in my bloody cold room and i am going to catch pneumonia.)

0 comments: