Tuesday, September 19, 2006

reconciliation

This past Sunday, the pastor preached a message on reconciliation... it was pretty powerful. There was one particular statement that caught my attention and still has me thinking.

When we are reconciled to God, we do not have to work inorder to restore His trust, because He has completely forgotten the sin we have committed.

I don't know about you, but I know that I have always struggled with forgiveness. I generally trust people very easily, but once the trust has been broken I find it very difficult not to hold that against a person. I have grown up with the mentality that you should forgive but you don't forget. I have always felt that it's the responsibilty of the person who has hurt you or betrayed to try and rebuild the relationship and trust.

True reconciliation, God's way, is when you completely forget what has happened and start with a clean slate. No matter what.

An extremely hard concept to grasp, but imagine how freeing it would be if we could actually do it...

0 comments: